“Working at Allied Jewish Apartments has been the most rewarding work experience of my life. Besides being able to work with an extraordinary staff in beautifully refurbished buildings, we have 400 amazing senior residents that make coming to work fun, challenging and fulfilling. We are blessed to have a board that realizes the importance of quality of life for our residents and values the staff as well. That is reflected in the care of the facility, programming and benefits for the staff.”
- Connie Moore, Activities and Volunteer Manager
Thank you for your interest in working at Allied Jewish Apartments!
AJA is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. AJA offers competitive compensation along with great benefits: pension, paid time off, dental, vision and life insurance. EOE.
as of April 18, 2013, two openings are available and posted below.
For consideration, please complete our application, a cover letter with salary requirements, and a resume and submit to Christine Dewhurst, Human Resources Manager.
Mailing Address: AJA, 22 S. Adams Street, Denver, CO 80209
Human Resources Fax: 303-357-5686
Community Outreach Coordinator (20+ hours per week)
Allied Jewish Apartments (AJA), a prominent senior living community in Cherry Creek, is looking for a Part-Time Community Outreach Coordinator to join our team! The successful candidate is creative, personable and self-directed with 3-5 year of experience working with seniors and facilitating groups. Must possess and maintain an active Colorado driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
To further the aim of Allied Jewish Apartments through development, coordination and promotion of recreational, cultural, physical and educational programs to the greater community, thereby enriching the lives of AJA residents, as well as, outside community members.
Program Coordination: Assists in the development, coordination and promotion of community-accessible recreation, social and well-being programs. Works to establish and foster partnerships with area synagogues, community centers and other like organizations where such programming might be appropriate and beneficial in serving area seniors. When appropriate, facilitates activities utilizing volunteers and community resources.
Community Relations: Serves as AJA ambassador within the greater senior community; works to heighten awareness of AJA and its mission, and to expand AJA’s presence beyond the agency’s main campus.
AJA is seeking a part-time Activities Assistant in our Assisted Living Program. The ideal candidate is flexible, creative and passionate about working with seniors.
The Assisted Living Program Activities Assistant will be responsible for providing support to Allied Jewish Apartments Assisted Living activity program. The primary objective of the ALP Activities Assistant is to increase Assisted Living resident awareness and attendance of AJA activities.
- Facilitates five (5) activities each week based upon the requests of the residents within the Assisted Living Program.
- Promotes, invites and encourages ALP resident participation in the available programs and activities; escorts residents to on-site programming as needed; hosts a monthly “What’s Happening in ALP” meeting. Additionally, tracks attendance and assists residents with activity sign-ups and payments.
- Works in collaboration with AJA personnel to ensure that programs are relevant, appropriate, coordinated, and integrated in alignment with the needs of the AL residents.
Education and/or Experience: A High School Diploma or GED is required, some college coursework preferred. Experience with program and activity coordination along with experience working with seniors is desired.
More About Allied Jewish Apartments
We seek candidates who understand that serving our residents drives everything we do. AJA is committed to fostering a workplace environment where teamwork, collaboration, respect and communication translate into the best possible delivery of services to our residents and the greater community.
To reward our staff we have assembled a rich benefits program to appeal to a variety of employees and their needs. We understand that happy employees lead to happy residents. It’s that simple.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (Percentage paid premiums vary up to 100%)
- Life Insurance (100% employer paid)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (100% employer paid)
- Employee Interest-Free Loan Program
- Compensation for Volunteer Hours
- Telecommuting and Flexible Scheduling
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Vacation/Sick/Personal/Floating Holidays
- Free Daily Meal
- Sick Time Donation Program
- Employee Yoga Classes (100% employer paid)
- 403(B) Thrift Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Pension Plan (100% employer funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (100% employer funded)
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Appreciation Events
The Allied Jewish Apartments are apartment homes and assisted living facilities that seek to provide affordable housing and services to enhance the personal dignity of older individuals. Guided by Jewish tradition, they are designed to enrich the residents' physical, emotional and spiritual quality of life and to help them maintain the highest possible level of independence.
“Allied Jewish Apartments is committed to being a leader in senior housing, to providing the highest quality of life for our residents, and to building a strong community through partnerships.”
- We practice open and honest communications by being direct, clear, tactful and professional, and by being active listeners.
- We value our diversity by acknowledging each other’s points of view and all of the ways we are different. We celebrate the variety of special gifts and rich contributions we all bring to the mosaic that is Allied.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable for our actions and responsibilities by keeping our promises, meeting our goals, and understanding how we all depend on each other for successful operations. We are free to ask for, and expect to receive help and support from each other when we need it.
- We treat each other with kindness and respect by meeting time commitments, empathizing with our co-workers and demanding a gossip-free work environment.
- We support each other’s decisions, which are made based on our mission statement and policies. Decisions are communicated to everyone affected by them.